Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Joe Morgan is an Idiot

Joe morgan is an idiot. Here are just a few items from his chat today:

  • Dave, Sacramento: Hi Joe, I love your work, but I'm wondering why you won't read "Moneyball?" It's short, readable, and the pages won't bite, I promise.

  • Joe Morgan: I haven't read a lot of books. I didn't read Canseco's book or Game of Shadows. I'm not sure the last baseball book I read. I form my own opinions because I played the game and have 40 years of experience in the game. There isn't much that others can teach me about the game. I've been taught by the best .. the players I played with and against. I know what it takes to win out there. I've seen players who are winners and just good players. I don't get enjoyment out of reading baseball books. I'd rather watch a sci-fi movie on TV.

Of course you dont read a lot of books Joe. Because you know everything there is to know. And you have demonstrated your all knowing baseball acumen countless times in the past by absolutly blastiing billy beane on television and in print for making himself look like a genius in moneyball, when, you know, he didnt actually write the book. Way to go Joe. You idiot. Don't try to stay informed or anything about current baseball issues or anything. I mean it isn't your job to talk about baseball on telvision, so watching a science fiction move rather than reading about baseball seems like a perfect idea. Its one thing to disagree with a concept but quite another to remain ignorant.

  • Phil (Stl,MO): Last night you chose Ortiz over Pujols due to success in the post-season. I would encourage you to look at the numbers as it's Pujols who comes out as the much better post-season performer.

  • Joe Morgan: Go look at the numbers! Pujols was OK in the World Series but Ortiz is a big game player. There is an element of luck involved but you have to be the guy who comes to the plate in big situations and come through. I say he is the best big game hitter in baseball but Pujols is the best overall hitter by far.

What in God's name are you talking about? Ok so I went and looked up the numbers. Both Pujols and Ortiz have appeared in 8 playoff series and here's are their postseason lines:

Pujols: 8HR/.336 BA/.428 OBP/ .620 SLG

Ortiz: 8 HR/.301 BA/.383 OBP/.552 SLG

Well, by what objective measure are you claiming that Ortiz is a better postseason player.

I hate Joe Morgan. And while I'm sure he's a kind person, and wonderful man, but god i wish he'd shut up.

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Kind person is one thing. Dumbass is something else altogether.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger AdeBomb said...

I'm surprised he didn't try to say Barry Bonds is a better big game player than Pujols. Morgan must have a thing for big black guys who can do nothing but hit homeruns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home